Currently on Ch5 but have a few questions looming in the back of my mind:
1) Why use a tableviewcell to enter data for AddNewCity instead of a UIView with label and description?
2) Just as i thought, tag 777 got me in trouble. My bad because i added the tag to both the inner component uitextField and the outer component tableViewCell by mistake. But im wondering a couple of things: (a) can i tag the entire structure uitableViewCell as i did (without tagging the inner components) and get any component inside it with that tag refrence? (b) why exactly was it not passing the data correctly; because the outer component and inner component had the same tag…because other components can indeed have the same tag, like the same uitextfield and uitextview. (ive gotta try this out)
3)device.batteryMonitoringEnabled = appDelegate.monitorBattery;
which seems it should be the other way around. Why does my mind do this to me?
4) just realized something…self.var = NO; is fundamentally diffnt from var = NO; in that in the former you are sending var the message of NO, using its accessor methods which only exist if you have synthesized the ivar as a property! Whereas in the latter you are simply setting a variable to the value NO!
5) @class allows a forward reference without loading the entire file, apparently just the ivars, properties and methods. But #import still required?
6) cool convenience methods like; levelLabel.text = [self batteryLevel]; to set a variable
7)Edit button is for tableView and calls setEditing method. Add button needs a specific method defined by user to be called.