So I’ve gotten a little carried away with the Glass-Android thing. My posts are as disorganized as my thoughts, so I thought I’d organize my posts a bit. Here is the set of posts for Android & Glass Development as of Feb 15th, 2014:
- Google Glass Review – Part 1 – 什么 (shen me = what = what Glass is & isn’t)
- Google Glass Review – Part 2 – Pros & Cons
- Develop apps for Google Glass – Part 3 – Setting up!
- Glass Development Mirror API – Part 4 – Where to start after setting up
- First Android App – Part 5
- First Android App – Part 6
- First Google Glass App – Part 7 – Bridge to Glass App GDK Development
- First Google Glass App – Part 8 – Hello Glass!
The first 2 parts are more of a Curious George couple of articles telling people what to expect from Glass. Everyone asks me what they are. I end up telling people “its just a pair of sunglasses” or “its a computer” and of course they are speechless and I walk away quickly before a long discussion ensues.
The next 2 parts are for developing web service apps for Glass. Glass can work with web based apps which run on a server and interact with Glass |OR| Glass can have native apps installed into it which it can run on.
The last 4 parts starting with First Android App and finishing with First Google Glass App, is a set of posts for learning how to create native apps for Glass.